We are happy to help you spread the word on missing or found pets.
For LOST pets please try to include a photo, a description including name, breed, colour, distinctive marks, if your pet was wearing a collar or is microchipped, and where and when you last saw it.
For FOUND pets, we would advise that you do not post a photo, but a brief description (breed / basic colour) and where and when you found or spotted the animal. This will mean that any potential claimants can describv their pet more fully to you and you can be confident that the animal is theirs to claim!
Here are some other useful contacts:
- Birmingham Animal Hospital – RSPCA (All animals) Tel. 0300 123 0710
- Birmingham City Council Dog Warden (Dogs only) – report missing, lost and stray dogs online or call 0121 303 9900 (office hours)
- Birmingham Dogs’ Home (Dogs only) – all dogs collected by the dog warden are taken here, unless injured Tel. 0121 643 5211
- K9 Search UK (Dogs only) – West Midlands lost and found dogs register – work closely with local rescues, dog wardens etc Tel. 07988 433187
- DogLost.co.uk (Dogs only) – National database for lost and found dogs Tel. 0844 800 3220
- Police – if you think your pet has been stolen, contact your local police Tel. 101
If you have found a lost animal, please take it to a vet or to the RSPCA to check if it is microchipped.