B31 Voices is seeking volunteers to expand the team of writers contributing to www.b31.org.uk
About B31 Voices
At B31 Voices, we believe that connected communities are stronger communities.
We are a volunteer led, non profit community organisation that aims to empower communities across south west Birmingham, by keeping them informed and engaged.
We support our local communities by providing a virtual community hub – on our website and on social media – to bring together residents, visitors, politicians, police, community groups and other community stakeholders, enabling exchange of information, engagement and participation.
We also provide information, support and signposting to members of our communities who find themselves vulnerable or in need.
About the role:
Our team of writers will initially write articles for our main website at www.b31.org.uk
Team members will have access to a private team board where information and support will be provided to choose, write and submit the articles.
- You will live or work in the South West Birmingham area
- You should be able to write at a reasonable standard. Some experience of writing or blogging, at a personal or professional level, would be an advantage but is by no means essential as full guidance will be given.
- Full training will be given : some experience of using the WordPress blogging platform and the Trello collaborative platform would be an advantage
- You can contribute as much or as little as you like / are able! However, to be listed as a B31 Voices team member on our website, you should be able to commit to writing at least 1 article a week
- All the information you need for an article will be provided, you won’t need to do any research or fact finding. However, you would be welcome to submit ideas and info for articles of your own, relevant to local communities, should you wish to.
You will need:
- access to a desktop/laptop computer is preferable, but the role would be manageable using a tablet.
- to be comfortable with using social media and the internet
- to be able to commit to writing at least 1 article a week
What we offer:
- We will provide full support to all team members, based on their needs
- We will provide an online team board where article information and support – from ourselves and other team members – is available. We will meet up as a team regularly.
- An opportunity to build up skills in writing, communication and working as part of a team
- An opportunity to contribute positively to the local community
- The potential to expand your voluntary role as you feel able: for example: sourcing and writing original content, attending and live blogging community meetings and events, guiding and supporting local community organisations on using B31 Voices and social media, assisting with day to day running of social media accounts
Please click apply to be taken to our online application form.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://b31.org.uk/volunteer-application-form/ →