Website Extra Care
The ExtraCare Charitable Trust is currently looking for an experienced Weekend Receptionist to work at our brand new Retirement Village in Longbridge, Birmingham. The successful Receptionist will be contracted to 8 hours per week (4 hours on Saturdays and 4 hours on Sundays), and we will reward you with £8.07 per hour plus benefits.
Longbridge will be our fifth retirement Village in Birmingham. There will be 260 apartments for affordable rent and purchase and a host of social and leisure facilities to enjoy. The Village will be set on five acres fronting Lickey Road on the edge of Longbridge Town Centre. The Village opens in July 2017.
The responsibilities of our Receptionist will include:
– Meeting and greeting visitors in a pleasant, friendly and polite manner; listen carefully to determine how best to assist them.
– Answering calls in a timely manner and transfer and retrieve calls competently; whilst providing a comprehensive service in communicating messages effectively.
– Ensure the reception area is kept clean and tidy at all times, whilst ensuring any advertising of village events is clear and up to date.
– Ensure all visitors sign in and out, and can be accounted for.
– Support the administration team as and when required, typing, photocopying, maintaining the system for room bookings, meeting equipment and charging where appropriate.
We are looking for an experienced Receptionist who can clearly demonstrate the following:
– Proven people skills with Impeccable customer service and attention to detail
– Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
– Excellent Organisational skills
– An NVQ Level 2 in Customer Service would be desirable
Please note that this role is working every weekend.
All posts are subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS disclosures. Employee benefits include, 5.6 weeks holiday (pro rata), Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Child Care Vouchers, Cycle2work Scheme, Attendance Vouchers and Employee Assistant Programme.
The ExtraCare Charitable Trust enables older people to enjoy a healthier, happier and more independent future by integrating their homes, care and lifestyle. Founded in 1988, ExtraCare is a registered charity based in Coventry. It operates 3,848 homes within 14 retirement villages and 17 smaller housing schemes. Each village or scheme has 5 to 18 social, health and leisure facilities that are accessible to more than 4,400 residents 3,000 volunteers and local people representing all age groups living in surrounding communities. ExtraCare’s 60 Charity Shops help fund care and well-being services for older people living in its villages and schemes.
If you feel you have the right skills, experience and attitude to work with our charity and make a difference to people lives then please apply for the role of Receptionist today.
We look forward to reviewing your application.
To apply for this job please visit careers.extracare.org.uk.