Job Title: Cleaner
Where: Waseley Hills High School – Rubery
Salary Grade: Point 10 £7.50 per hr (in line with national minimum wage)
Contracted Hours/Week: 15 hours per week : 3 hours per day, Mon-Fri
Contracted Weeks/Year: Term Time Only + additional 41 bank hours to be used during school holidays (reducing to 34 hours after 5 years’ service)
Closing Date: 23/6/17
Responsible to: Cleaning Supervisor (Line Manager) Business Manager (Personnel)
Main Job Purpose:
To support the Cleaner-in-Charge/Site Manager in providing a clean and pleasant environment and to maintain cleanliness in order to prevent any health risks from occurring in order to ensure the efficient and effective use of the school by those staff, pupils and visitors who occupy it.
- To clean those areas of the school specified to the required standard, as directed by the Cleaning Supervisor, such as:
o Washing floors, surfaces, fixtures and fittings and walls
o Cleaning inside windows up to a safe height
o Sweeping and vacuuming floors; Polishing and dusting surfaces and furniture;
o Cleaning toilets and shower areas; Using and storing safely cleaning materials and
equipment as appropriate, in accordance with their instructions
- To launder dusters, tea towels etc., as required.
- To empty all bins and remove rubbish to a central location.
- To use electric powered cleaning equipment as directed and in accordance with training.
- To undertake deep cleaning work during holidays using bank hours as directed.
- To report any damage to school property or other relevant matters to Cleaning Supervisor or Site Manager.
- To cover for absent cleaners as required
- To ensure that classrooms and offices are empty and are secured at the end of the working day.
- To comply with the requirements of the H&S at Work Regulations and to take reasonable
care for the H&S of him/herself and for others who may be affected by his/her work and to co-operate with the employer in ensuring that the H&S regulations are complied with at all times.
- To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
SUPPORT FOR THE SCHOOL:
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security, confidentiality and data protection.
- Reporting all concerns to the appropriate person.
- Attend and participate in meetings where appropriate
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
- Participate in training, other learning activities and performance development as required.
- Recognise own strengths and areas of expertise and use these to advise and support others.
To apply for this job please visit www.waseleyhills.worcs.sch.uk.