This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at The Edge Academy in Northfield- we have a vacancy for an Attendance and Data Manager! Application details are available on our vacancies page at: www.theedgeacademy.co.uk/vacancies
Attendance and Data Manager
Grade 3 Term Time + 2weeks
The Edge Academy is an alternative provision free school focused upon improving opportunities and outcomes for students who may be struggling to achieve their full potential in a mainstream setting. We aim to create a superb learning environment to transform the learning experience and outcomes for young people on the exclusion spectrum across our institutions and the landscape of our communities.
We are looking to appoint an Attendance and Data Manager who will develop, manage and lead the data provision within school at a strategic level. The successful applicant will monitor the attendance of all students and will liaise with senior leaders and other staff to promote attendance and challenge truancy. You will also use data to identify patterns and trends in attendance, and liaise with the Vice Principal to implement strategies and address this. The role requires high attention to detail and the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering on the broad range of data demands from internal and external stakeholders in a timely and accurate manner. You will be required to ensure the student data held is appropriate, accurate, up-to-date and available to relevant staff.
Applications are invited from individuals who are can:
• Promote and support high levels of attendance
• Support students in achieving their full academic potential
• Promote a positive attendance and punctuality culture
• Form strong relationships with parents/carers
• Maintain accurate manual and electronic records of all academy data.
• Lead on preparation of and submission of the school census return.
• Assist in the admission and transfer of pupils in and out of the academy.
• Lead on parent/pupil attendance communications, coordination of home visits and tracking and monitoring of all pupil absence and key events information and data capture.
• Provide comprehensive support to the Principal and Senior Leadership Team in maintaining the Academy’s Attendance Data and to provide full attendance analysis information for regular school attendance meetings and assist in action plans to improve pupils attendance.
• Provide comprehensive attendance reports and full statistical analysis including break downs of all attendance data by groups for Governors
• Liaise with our associated schools regarding all matters relating to attendance and provide timely and accurate attendance information.
• Implement, maintain and provide training on school management information facilities such as Progresso (pupil data, staff data, timetable adjustments, dashboard, report suite and text messaging service).
• Set up and maintain all school timetables for pupils and staff.
We are looking for:
• Experience as an Attendance and Data Manager.
• Excellent IT skills and the ability to use Microsoft Office applications at a professional level, particularly Word and Excel.
• Clear understanding of the principles of Data Protection.
• Accuracy and attention to detail with excellent organisation skills.
• Be able to work independently
• Excellent time management skills and be extremely well organised
• A clear understanding of school data systems, school policies and procedures.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service. Working as a key member of our committed staff, you will work with small groups of students to secure positive academic outcomes and qualifications for our young people. With a wide range of abilities and different needs, supporting these young people to achieve the best they can is both highly rewarding and a challenge.
Suitable for candidates that have experience of working in an alternative provision setting or working with students with behavioural needs.
Closing date is Thursday 14th December 9am
Interviews to be held Monday 18th December
Download Application Form Here – Or for further details please contact Mrs Beverley Nicholson, on 0121 533 5858 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Edge Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
If you apply for this position, please mention where you saw this vacancy, thank you and good luck :-)