Website The Disabilities Trust
£10.69 per hour
Hours: 7 hours per weekend, alternating Saturdays & Sundays plus pro rata holidays and on-going training.
The Disabilities Trust is currently recruiting for a Weekend Chef to work in our BIRT service, West Heath House in Birmingham. West Heath House is a residential rehabilitation service for adults with acquired brain injury. This is a rewarding position where you will work alongside other members of our catering team and be a very necessary part of our Site team.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• To plan and prepare a varied choice of menus, ensuring properly balanced and nutritious meals are provided, taking into account any special dietary requirements and service user preferences
• To follow any dietary or food preparation guidelines as provided in service user care plans and guidance by health care professionals
• To ensure that the storage, preparation and cooking of all food is carried out using the highest standards of hygiene
• To be responsible for catering and cleaning budgetary control and purchasing, alongside service manager
• To oversee all stock ordered is of high quality and consistent with planned menus that reflect choice and preference, maintaining stock control
• Ensure high standards of food management within current Food Hygiene regulations and policies and procedures
• To use electrical and mechanical catering equipment as appropriate
• To ensure the maintenance and security of catering equipment notifying your supervisor and appropriate people and agencies regarding repair and replacement as appropriate
• To be responsible for the storage and use of cleaning items in accordance with COSHH
• Direct and supervise all kitchen staff and ensure they are aware of their responsibilities with regards to Food Hygiene and preparation and Health and Safety requirements
• To contribute to other food related functions as required by the service
You will need to be enthusiastic, reliable and work to a high standard. You should be able to organise your workload and manage your time efficiently. You’ll also need a good understanding of special dietary needs. Food Hygiene Level 2 is desirable for the role, however, training can be provided.
This position is subject to a Disclosure (DBS) check.
The Disabilities Trust is an equal opportunities employer and recognises that having a diverse workforce enhances the support given to people who use our services.
To apply for this job email your details to Adele.Cooper@thedtgroup.org