Birmingham Community Leisure Trust
Location: Northfield Leisure Centre
Hours: 20 Hours Per Week
Type: Permanent, Part Time
Salary: £10.10 Per Hour
Closes: 09 Feb 2018
Birmingham Community Leisure Trust is committed to providing a safe, warm, clean, friendly, fun environment for the local community at an affordable cost. Honesty, integrity and a positive, can-do attitude are key to helping us deliver this mission and are values we expect from each individual.
Key purpose of role:
To deliver a programme of Swimming Instruction for various levels of ability and which meets the standards of the Schools or Swimming Instruction Scheme.
- To be responsible to the Aquatics Activator for the effective day to day delivery and presentation of the Schools and Swimming Instruction Scheme.
- To liaise with and assist teachers in charge of school classes when teaching on the schools instruction programme.
- To liaise with and maintain an effective relationship with parents when teaching swimming as part of the Swimming Instruction Scheme, including encouraging customer retention.
- To be responsible for the validation of appropriate badges and certificates relating to the Swimming Instruction Scheme and liaising with the Site Aquatics Activator on their issue.
- Liaise with the Aquatics Activator in relation to accessing appropriate staff training/personal development and in the maintenance of qualifications.
- Keep abreast of current development trends in Swimming and Swimming Teaching by attending the appropriate in service training courses / seminars.
- To ensure the online swimming lesson portal is kept up to date and used in accordance to guidelines
- To undertake a programme of school visit during weeks when no schools transport is provided (if teaching on schools programme)
- To undertake suitable alternative duties during periods when there are either no schools bookings or if cancel (if teaching on schools programme) this to be in agreement with the Site Manger.
- Such other associated duties as may from time to time arise, develop or be assigned and that are consistent with the grade of the post.
Essential Qualifications / Experience:
- ASA Level 2 Swimming Teacher or STA Level 1 Swimming Teacher
- Recognised lifesaving qualification (NPLQ / NRASTC)
- Good communication and customer care skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good health and safety awareness
- Ability to use initiative
- Literate with ability to complete necessary records
- Experience of working in a busy leisure environment
- Experience in dealing with high volumes of customers, adults and children
- Post holder shall wear designated uniform provided when on duty and follow appropriate code of appearance in this respect
- The nature of the job may require work to be undertaken on evenings and at weekends.
- This role is subject to successful Enhanced DBS Checks
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
If you apply for this position, please mention where you saw this vacancy, thank you and good luck :-)
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.leisurejobs.com/minisites/serco-leisure/job/1557592/swimming-instructor-part-time-/ →