Rate of Pay: £9.00 per hour
Weekly Hours: 13 per week
Job Reference: LB/TB31
Expires: 11th August 2017
About the Employer
The client is a 30 year old lady from Northfield, Birmingham. Her interests are in the Creative Arts and in particular drama and delivering the Arts Award at her voluntary work. The client has a number of conditions including Autism and ADHD as well as mental health illnesses. The client lives in Supported Living and requires help with cooking and cleaning. She enjoys painting canvases and writing poetry. The client delivers training on her conditions and would need whoever supports her to attend this training in order to understand her needs effectively. The client is a kind, caring and friendly person who loves rainbows! She likes to spend time with her family and friends.
Summary of Duties
• To support the client with her voluntary work on Tuesday evenings 5pm-7pm at the Library of Birmingham (term time).
• Support with weekly shopping (flexible hours).
• Support with cooking and preparing meals (flexible hours).
• Support with cleaning and sorting (flexible hours).
• Support attending drama sessions on Thursday evenings 5pm-7pm at Birmingham Hippodrome.
• To drive the client to and from sessions and shopping.
• To support the client in Wolverhampton (Museum and Art Gallery) and Kidderminster (Museum of Carpet) on Saturdays 10am-2pm (term time).
The Person They Are Looking For
A Support Worker who is reliable and committed and who is willing to learn and understand the clients’ conditions. She would like to employ someone who has an interest in the Creative Arts and who is willing to support her when her conditions are triggered. The client is looking for someone who can drive as she finds public transportation stressful and someone who can commit to weekly sessions. The client is looking for someone with an understandable nature and a sense of humour. Experience with SEN is desired but not essential.
The Times Required
• Tuesdays 5pm-7pm (term time) for Voluntary work
• Thursday 5pm-7pm for drama sessions
• Saturday 10am-2pm (term time) for Voluntary work
• Shopping (2 hours a week flexible)
• Cooking (2 hours a week flexible)
• Cleaning (1 hour a week flexible)
The Days Required
• Tuesday evenings (term time)
• Thursday evenings (term time)
• Saturday mornings (term time)
• Cooking, Cleaning and Shopping (days are flexible)
If you apply for this position, please mention where you saw this vacancy, thank you and good luck :-)
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.penderelstrust.org.uk/rcrPADetails.php?recruitment_id=7599 →