Job role: Shop Floor Assistant
Job ref: 1034685BR
Postcode: B29 5UP
Location: Barnes Hill
Hours per week: 16
Application deadline: 20-Apr-2018
How will you make a difference?
Here’s the short answer;
Our customers love us as much for our friendly, helpful service as for our fantastic low prices. On the shop floor you have a great opportunity to welcome customers, talk to them, help them and make their shopping trip memorable. You also have an important part to play in helping us meet our sales targets, whether it’s by recommending a product to a customer or making sure the shelves are stocked with the things they want to buy.
Out there on the shop floor you’re in the front line of our business, providing great service to the very highest standards. We’re proud of our warm and friendly service. It’s what our customers love and have come to expect. So we’ll always expect you to:
- Have a smile in your voice as well as on your face. Always say hello and goodbye and talk to customers, showing an interest in their needs
- Treat every customer as an individual. You may be the first person they’ve spoken to in the store
- If a customer asks where to find a product, don’t just point or give directions, take them to it – and have a chat along the way
- If a customer has a complaint, try and resolve the problem yourself or quickly decide if it’s an issue for a manager. Be sympathetic and don’t get flustered
- WOW customers with your friendliness
- Try to recommend additional products to meet customers’ needs
- Help to maximise sales (and customer satisfaction) by keeping shelves replenished and products always available
- Be aware of promotions going on in the store and make sure customers are aware too
Being the best you can be, every day
There’s no such thing as great service without high personal standards – they go hand in hand. So every day you’ll be expected to look the part through a smart appearance, and play the part in a friendly and professional way. There’s always a lot to learn about your job – from food safety and hygiene to company rules and standards – but with our great training and support, we’ll help you keep getting better and better.
We’re one big team, so we’re looking for helpful, outgoing people who can get along with and support others.
If you apply for this position, please mention where you saw this vacancy, thank you and good luck :-)
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.asda.jobs/job-detail/?jobRef=1034685BR →