Grade 4 – £26,999 – £33,799
Hours – 36.5 per week Term Time Only ( Pro rata – £23,597 – £29,540)
Required as soon as possible
• Are you passionate about the education, well-being and care of young people?
• Are you enthusiastic about students reaching their full potential?
• Are you excited about the possibility of joining a dedicated team of committed and hardworking staff?
St Thomas Aquinas is a large and thriving 11-18 Catholic comprehensive school where staff and students from all faiths live out the school mission and every member of the community feels valued and engaged. In 2018 the school was judged to be GOOD by OFSTED.
The School requires an enthusiastic and hardworking Pastoral Manager to support and work alongside the Heads of Year and Senior Management Team. The purpose of the role is to support the Pastoral Year Head/Achievement Co-ordinator in improving, monitoring and evaluating pastoral strategies. They will also be leading on intervention initiatives and supporting and managing the Learning Mentor Pastoral Support team.
It is an exciting time to join St Thomas Aquinas School as we became part of the Lumen Christi Catholic Multi Academy on the 1 April 2015. This links us with six of our Catholic Primary Feeder Schools and brings real opportunities for collaborative teaching and learning.
You will be responsible for:
• Support school standards
• Providing support and advice to students in line with promoting their social care and personal development
• Respond to and take steps to resolve relationship issues between students
• Provide general student support
• Work with the attendance team working with agreed target students and contact with parents/carers
• Liaison with external agencies and become a Child Protection Officer – DSL when training completed for this role
• Attend relevant meetings both internally and with outside agencies
Please see the link below for a full job description and accompanying application documentation.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to converse at ease with parents/students and members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.
Closing date . Monday 16 September 2019 with interviews taking place within seven days. Informal visits to the school are welcomed, please contact the School Office to arrange.
For further details and application form visit www.stacs.org or contact: the main school office for details. St Thomas Aquinas Catholic School, Wychall Lane, Kings Norton, Birmingham. B38 8AP. Tel: 0121 464 4643 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applying? please mention you saw this vacancy on ‘B31 Voices‘ and do let us know how you get on, we’d love to know :-)
Thank you and good luck :-)