• Required for trial and public examinations throughout the year
• £9.36 per hour
• Hours: variable – trial exams run in two week blocks in November & March and the summer examinations run from May until the end of June
• Contract type: Casual
We are currently looking to expand our team of invigilators and are looking for efficient, flexible and well organised people. These posts are casual contracts with hours and days varying according to needs of the school.
Appointed invigilators will be responsible for supervising the main public examinations and trial examinations under the direction of the Examinations Officer. No experience is necessary as full training will be given, but applicants should have good communication skills and be able to adhere to strict guidelines as set out by the Examination Boards.
Under the supervision of the Chief Invigilator, the role involves overseeing examinations, and ensuring that the guidelines and regulations for the integrity and security of the examinations are followed.
We are looking for someone who:
• To be part of a team of invigilators for internal and external examinations.
• Has the ability to work both independently and within a team.
• To follow direction from the Examination Officer and Senior Invigilator
• Has high expectations of themselves.
• Is hardworking and committed to ensuring students are supported during examination periods
• Ability to follow procedures and work within time constraints.
We will offer you:
• A caring School atmosphere with supportive colleagues
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to converse at ease with parents/students and members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.
Closing date: 1 April 2019 at 9.00 a.m. Informal visits to the school are welcome, please contact the School Office to arrange. Interview to take place w/c 1.4.19
For further details and application form visit www.stacs.org or contact: the main school office for details. St Thomas Aquinas Catholic School, Wychall Lane, Kings Norton, Birmingham. B38 8AP. Tel: 0121 464 4643 email: email@example.com
If you apply for this position, please mention where you saw this vacancy and do let us know how you get on, thank you and good luck :-)