Required for September 2019
St Thomas Aquinas Catholic School in Kings Norton is going from strength to strength. Come and join our fantastic group of colleagues on their journey. Following major changes to whole school routines, the behaviour system and now an emphasis on a knowledge-rich curriculum, a rare opportunity has arisen to join our team of staff. We are seeking to appoint a committed and inspirational teacher of Science for September 2019.
The successful applicant will:
• teach practical Science across Key Stages 3, 4 and potentially 5.
• be excited about developing the Science knowledge-based curriculum.
• be motivated and passionate about working in a richly diverse educational community.
• be an excellent role-model and teacher of Science.
• have excellent communication skills and drive to forge positive relationships with students, parents, teachers, support staff.
St Thomas Aquinas is a large and thriving, oversubscribed, 11-18 Catholic school where staff and students from all faiths live out the school mission and every member of the community feels valued and engaged. In November 2018 the school was judged to be ‘Good’ by OFSTED.
The Science faculty at St Thomas Aquinas is celebrating year-on-year developments in student outcomes at both Key Stage 4 and 5. The team of exceptional people are dedicated in delivering an engaging practical Science curriculum to the committed learners in the classroom. In November, OFTSED described students as ‘well behaved and with excellent attitudes to learning’. A pre-application visit is strongly advised to come and see for yourself.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.
- Teacher Application Form (pdf)
- Teacher Application Form (doc)
- Disclosure form
- Information for Prospective Staff
- Faculty Information (Science)
- Notes to Applicants
- Teaching Staff Application Procedure
For further details and to return completed forms contact:
The Office Manager at St Thomas Aquinas Catholic School, Wychall Lane, Kings Norton, Birmingham. B38 8AP.
Tel: 0121 464 4643 Email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 3pm on Thursday 2nd May 2019
If you apply for this position, please mention where you saw this vacancy and do let us know how you get on, thank you and good luck :-)