Grade – 3 £20,344 – £26,317 pro rata
Start date: 6 January 2020
Contract: Initially one year fixed term contract to be reviewed during academic year
Hours: Term Time Only 36.5 hours per week
· Are you passionate about the education, well-being and care of young people?
· Are you enthusiastic about students reaching their full potential?
· Are you excited about the possibility of joining a dedicated team of committed and hardworking staff?
St Thomas Aquinas is a large and thriving 11-18 Catholic comprehensive school where staff and students from all faiths live out the school mission and every member of the community feels valued and engaged. In 2018 the school was judged GOOD by OFSTED.
The School requires an enthusiastic and hardworking Attendance Officer to join our team. The purpose of the role is to promote a positive attendance and punctuality culture by managing and overseeing all issues relating to student attendance. The person appointed will need to improve attendance rates by reducing student absence and engaging with students and families to promote high levels of attendance
It is an exciting time to join St Thomas Aquinas School as we became part of the Lumen Christi Catholic Multi Academy on the 1 April 2015. This links us with five of our Catholic Primary Feeder Schools and brings real opportunities for collaborative teaching and learning.
You will be responsible for:
· Accurate recording and collation of attendance data in the School’s management information system.
· Liaising with SLT, teachers, form tutors and Heads of Year with regard absences on a daily basis.
· Promoting positive attitude toward attendance and making sure parents are made fully aware of their statutory responsibilities.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to converse at ease with parents/students and members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.
Please see the link below for a full job description and accompanying application documentation.
Closing date: Monday 16 December 2019 at 0900 hrs with interviews taking place on the morning of Wednesday 18 December 2019. Informal visits to the school are welcomed, please contact the School Office to arrange.
For further details and application form visit www.stacs.org or contact: the main school office for details. St Thomas Aquinas Catholic School, Wychall Lane, Kings Norton, Birmingham. B38 8AP. Tel: 0121 464 4643 email: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.