Grade 2 £18,065 – £19,945 – 36.50 hours per week full time to start as soon as possible
Full Time – Monday – Friday in a variable shift pattern 6am – 6.30 pm and may include some evening and occasional weekend work.
St Thomas Aquinas is a large and thriving 11-18 Catholic comprehensive school where staff and students from all faiths live out the school mission and every member of the community feels valued and engaged. In 2018, the school was judged to be Good by OFSTED.
The School requires:
• An enthusiastic, hardworking Assistant Building Services Supervisor to join the Site Team as soon as possible.
• Attention to detail and a pride in their work would be an essential requirement
• The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines and to produce work to the required standard and to agreed timescales.
• Demonstrate good interpersonal skills to communicate with a wide range of people.
It is an exciting time to join St Thomas Aquinas School as we became part of the Lumen Christi Catholic Multi Academy on the 1 April 2015. This links us with five of our Catholic Primary Feeder Schools and brings real opportunities for collaborative teaching and learning.
You will be responsible for:
General maintenance of the school buildings and grounds under the direction of the Site Manager including:
• DIY tasks, decorating, plumbing, repairs, cleaning.
• Maintenance of the school minibuses – cleaning and regular checks.
• Grounds maintenance – ensuring the grounds are well maintained and litter free.
• General janitorial duties throughout the school day to ensure all facilities are clean and safe.
• Work as a team member in setting up for regular assemblies and larger school events throughout the academic calendar.
• Assist in the opening/closing of the Site when appropriate.
• You must be able to show you have practical experience to undertake maintenance work of the Site.
Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements, general maintenance experience would be beneficial and a clean driving licence is essential.
You would be supported in the role with a fellow Assistant Building Services Supervisor and managed by the Site Manager.
Informal visits to the school are welcome, please contact the School Office to arrange.
The ability to converse at ease with parents/students and members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful candidate.
Closing date 9.00 a.m. on Monday 13 January 2020 with interviews taking place within the next seven days
For further details and an application form visit www.stacs.org or contact: the main school office for details. St Thomas Aquinas Catholic School, Wychall Lane, Kings Norton, Birmingham. B38 8AP. Tel. 0121 464 4643