Full Time – Monday – Friday in a variable shift pattern 6am – 6.30 pm and may include some evening and occasional weekend work.
Consideration will be given to applicants wanting to apply via the apprenticeship scheme.
St Thomas Aquinas is a large and thriving 11-18 Catholic comprehensive school where staff and students from all faiths live out the school mission and every member of the community feels valued and engaged. In 2018, the school was judged to be Good by OFSTED.
The School requires an enthusiastic, hardworking ABSS to join the Site Team as soon as possible.
It is an exciting time to join St Thomas Aquinas School as we became part of the Lumen Christi Catholic Multi Academy on the 1 April 2015. This links us with five of our Catholic Primary Feeder Schools and brings real opportunities for collaborative teaching and learning.
You will be responsible for:
General maintenance of the school buildings and grounds under the direction of the Site Manager including:
• Small DIY tasks, decorating, plumbing, repairs, cleaning.
• Maintenance of the school minibuses – cleaning and regular checks.
• Grounds maintenance – ensuring the grounds are well maintained and litter free.
• General janitorial duties throughout the school day to ensure all facilities are clean and safe.
• Work as a team member in setting up for regular assemblies and larger school events throughout the academic calendar.
• Assist in the opening/closing of the Site when appropriate.
• You must be able to show you have practical experience to undertaken maintenance work of the Site.
Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements, general maintenance experience would be beneficial and a clean driving licence is essential.
Informal visits to the school are welcome, please contact the School Office to arrange.
The ability to converse at ease with parents/students and members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful candidate.
Closing date 9.00 a.m. on Monday 20 May 2019 with interviews taking place within the next seven days
For further details and an application form visit www.stacs.org or contact: the main school office for details. St Thomas Aquinas Catholic School, Wychall Lane, Kings Norton, Birmingham. B38 8AP. Tel. 0121 464 4643
If you apply for this position, please mention where you saw this vacancy and do let us know how you get on, thank you and good luck :-)