Smart Works is a UK charity that dresses and coaches unemployed women for their job interview. With offices across the country, the service arrived in Birmingham in summer 2016. Smart Works Birmingham helps women to feel confident, look fabulous, succeed at their job interview and move on with their life.
This year, across the UK, Smart Works will dress more than 3,000 women in a complete outfit of stylish, high quality clothes donated by retailers and professionals. A visit to Smart Works can change the course of a woman’s life.
Women come to us when they have a confirmed job interview. We give them a complete outfit of clothes and accessories (personally styled for them and theirs to keep) and interview coaching, so they feel more confident and start believing in their own ability to succeed. The Smart Works service is delivered by our team of highly skilled, fully trained team of female volunteers and all our stock is donated from other working women or comes direct from retailers.
Volunteers play a front line and pivotal role in delivering our exceptional, transformative service and we recruit the highest calibre of volunteers who can encourage, motivate and empower our clients.
We are looking for female volunteers to help with styling our clients to help them find the right clothes for their interview from our dressing room. Volunteer Stylists meet our clients when they first arrive at Smart Works and then style clients in appropriate clothes, shoes and accessories ready for their job interview.
Our aim is to boost women’s confidence and empower them ready for their upcoming interview.
All clothing at Smart Works is donated from other working women or from corporate partners.
You don’t need to be a qualified stylist to do this role but you will need to:
· Have an eye for fashion and be creative
· Be passionate about empowering women and the ability to do so
· Be confident – many of the women we support are vulnerable and need someone working with them who can help them see their ability to succeed at interview
· Have plenty of energy to make sessions as fun as possible
· Have excellent people skills
· Be non-judgemental
· Be adaptable and able to use your own initiative
· Be willing to get stuck in and help not only with dressings but also looking after the stock
· Be reliable and have time to give
· Be patient
1. Providing customer service or support in a front-line or retail environment
2. Building effective relationships with colleagues or the general public quickly
3. Working with diverse groups of people and/or working across different team
To apply, please see Charity Jobs or email email@example.com. Next application deadline 5th January 2018.
To apply for this job please visit www.charityjob.co.uk.