About the role
As the Sous Chef at TouchBase Pears in Birmingham you will be a key part of the team in our high quality café and the catering provision at the centre.
Our café serves the people Sense supports, the local community and also staff based at the location. You will prepare takeaway options such as sandwiches and salads, to-order hot meals, and catering for events, communicating clearly with the front-facing staff.
You will ensure environmental health standards are met to a high standard, that the café looks attractive and that the kitchen environment and café are clean and tidy, washing up and cleaning as needed.
An ability to work flexible hours including regular early mornings, some evenings and some Saturdays, is essential.
The successful candidate will have experience as a chef in a café or restaurant, and be confident and skilled enough to ensure that the standard of food and service in the café and at catered events is outstanding at all times. You will have;
· The ability to work on your own or as a team, cooking a range of tasty food from scratch, and presenting it attractively.
· Experience and/or a qualification as a chef and will have the ability to work with enthusiasm, efficiency and energy.
· The ability to communicate with a wide variety of people and an interest in learning new communication methods.
· Hold a food hygiene qualification.
· Be passionate about what the Hive Café has to offer our on-site staff, tenants, people supported by Sense and our local community and will be an enthusiastic advocate for TouchBase Pears.
· An ability to work flexible hours including regular early mornings, some evenings and some Saturdays, is essential.
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
TouchBase Pears is situated in the heart of Birmingham, in the Selly Oak area. It is a place for everyone and includes a day centre, café, charity shop, community spaces and a gallery spaces to name a few. Working at TouchBase Pears will give you a unique opportunity to work alongside, and serve, a truly diverse group of people; it really is a fantastic place for people to do remarkable things.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact: Laura Benson via email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 6 May 2019
Interview date: To be confirmed
To start: To be discussed at interview
If you apply for this position, please mention where you saw this vacancy and do let us know how you get on, thank you and good luck :-)