We are currently recruiting for a Senior Administrator to join our team in Selly Oak, Birmingham. This is a full time permanent job opportunity working 37.5 hours per week; this role will be part of the Duty Management rota at TouchBase Pears and will therefore have a variable working pattern including early mornings, evenings and occasional weekends.
Salary: £19,305 – £20,570
As a Senior Administrator you will be a vital part of TouchBase Pears delivering a high quality and consistent administration support service to the management team, to enable the best quality customer service to be provided. Your specific responsibilities will include:
- With support, organising the rotas for the public facing services at TouchBase Pears such as Customer Service Assistants and the Reception team
- Providing Duty Management at TouchBase Pears for the building and the varied events that take place
- Delivering a quality and professional service to all hirers/tenants of the building
- Managing diary appointments & providing general administrative support for the Centre Manager and Chef Manager
- Note-taking for these meetings with potential hirers and following up with the necessary communication and paperwork
- Ensuring ‘Artifax’ is kept up to date with all bookings of both spaces and catering, including financial information
- Providing cover as needed for the Reception teams
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
You will be an experienced administrator who provides high quality admin support to multiple stakeholders in a busy environment including supporting with event co-ordination / administration. You’ll be able to demonstrate both excellent customer service and communication skills; keeping calm under pressure and using tact and diplomacy.
You will have excellent levels of IT literacy including the use of Microsoft Office and be able to perform tasks such as mail-merge with ease. It is desirable, but not essential, that you have experience of using room booking software such as Artifax.
Flexibility and good general availability is essential in this role due to the wide variety of events and activities taking place at TouchBase Pears; your working hours will be dependent on the activity with the building. Your rota will be issued approximately two weeks in advance allowing you to plan your personal life accordingly.
About Sense & TouchBase Pears
Sense is a national charity that supports people who are deafblind, those with sensory impairments and those with complex needs, to enjoy more independent lives.
Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services.
TouchBase Pears is a pioneering, multi-purpose centre for the whole community in Birmingham and beyond – a place that brings people together in a welcoming environment where everyone can feel connected, included and part of the community. TouchBase Pears has:
- A family-friendly café
- A sensory garden
- Art exhibitions and performances activities
- A wide range of rooms and facilities for hire
No agencies please.
Please follow the link to apply on our website.
Reference number: 42174
Hours: Full time (37.5 hours per week)
Location: Selly Oak, Birmingham
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: Sunday 17 September 2017
Interview date: 26th & 27th September 2017
If you apply for this position, please mention where you saw this vacancy, thank you and good luck :-)