MG Motors SAIC Motor UK
As a security officer working for SAIC Motor you will be part of a team that prides itself on being able to deliver a high level of services to SAIC Motor and MG Motor based within the Longbridge site.
SAIC Motor is paving the way forward for vehicle innovation across the globe, selling almost 7Million vehicles worldwide in 2017 through our MG & Roewe car brands, alongside joint ventures with GM & Volkswagen.
We created the world’s first ‘internet car’ which is currently dominating the Chinese car market, and here in the UK we are shaping the future of global mobility by challenging the status quo of traditional vehicle Engineering and Design.
We know that without our people we wouldn’t be where we are today, that’s why we’re looking for the best professionals in the industry to join us on our journey!
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The role of Security Officer will ensure that exemplary standards of security and customer service are provided to SMTC UK and MG Motor UK staff and visitors. The Security Officer is the public face of the security team and should act with professionalism at all times, a can do attitude is essential in this highly influential role.
The Security Officer will also be responsible for the safeguarding of the site and the company assets of SMTC UK and MG Motor UK.
As part of the Facilities Team within SMTC UK the Security Officer will be required to carry out maintenance tasks on site and be responsible for the general tidiness and upkeep of the internals and externals of buildings.
The role will include a variety of tasks including the following:
- Pro-actively ensuring the protection of merchandise, property and assets by preventing and detecting offences on site.
- Creating a safe and comfortable working environment for employees/visitors and public by:
- Monitoring and operating CCTV cameras and other recording systems.
- Undertaking investigations and accurately reporting all incidents to the Security Team Leader.
- Using the correct radio voice procedure.
- Escorting individuals off-site premises.
- Updating and controlling the door access control
- Assist and carry out maintenance/estates /Security function as and when required.
- Controlling the entry and exit of vehicles.
- Patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel, provide a customer friendly, reassuring, professional security presence and a visible security contact for staff and visitors.
- Being seen as the public face of the business for employees and visitors, delivering exemplary standards customer service by:
- Welcoming visitors, checking and validating business visitor’s credentials.
- Wearing smart dress and a professional attitude at all times.
- Ensure housekeeping is to the highest standard.
- Answer all reception calls in a professional and helpful manner.
- Attend to all postal duties incoming and outgoing.
- Conducting searches of personnel, vehicles and bags etc.
- Conducting both scheduled and unscheduled site Health and Safety activities, including:
- Fire Audits and Fire Safety checks.
- Conduct weekly fire/security alarm and sprinkler tests
- Being a first responder to all medical emergencies
- Liaising with the emergency services, police, ambulance and fire to resolve issues and maintain security and service.
- Respond to emergency situations as they arise, in directing the emergency vehicles and other traffic to the appropriate locations.
- Completing security objectives which will include taking on business protection projects, with a view to improving the department performance, ensuring we stay competitive within the security industry.
- Support and assist all Business Functions.
- Adhere to all GDPR policy and procedures
- Shift work may apply and Flexibility towards out of hours working
- Attend regular team meetings
- Maintenance tasks may include but are not limited to;
- General weeding and grounds-keeping
- Painting around site of items required including painting barriers and line painting.
- Ad hoc fixing of items as required or reporting to third-party contractors as required.
- Proactive approach to development and undertaking a broad scope of work to benefit the HR & Facilities Team.
SCOPE OF THE JOB
As a security officer working for SAIC Motor you will be part of a team that prides itself on being able to deliver a high level of services to SAIC Motor and MG Motor based within the Longbridge site. Our main objective is to protect all of the business assets we achieve this by holding a high standard and working as a team.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- All applicants must have full UK driving licence
- Good IT skills (word, excel, powerpoint)
- Good ability to work under stressful conditions
- Be polite, helpful and diligent, with a ‘can do’ ethos
- Good communication skill written and verbal
- First aid is beneficial but not essential
- Excellent customer service skills with a commitment to providing first class customer service
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- This role involves working 12 hour shifts Days, nights weekends 24/7 over a 12 month rota
- Security experience preferred but not essential
If you apply for this position, please mention where you saw this vacancy and do let us know how you get on, thank you and good luck :-)
(Please note SMTC have right to remove the job/jobs without notice)