Secure Collections Driver & On-site Destruction Team Member
SITD are one of the UK’s leading high security I.T asset disposal and data destruction companies.
Due to the successful growth of the company we have a role available for a driver to join this winning team.
· Make collections of IT equipment from customer(s) site(s) to a pre-planned route in a timely manner by using a company vehicle in accordance with company procedures and service levels.
· Working on-site as part of a team shredding (destroying) all forms of media. Training will be given as shredding machinery will be operated.
· The driver is responsible for the safe and appropriate handling of the collections to ensure they are stowed appropriately within the vehicle.
·Ensure all work is completed with a high degree of accuracy.
·Ensure collections are returned to site safely and securely.
·To communicate on a daily basis with the office.
· Drivers are responsible for carrying out daily vehicle checks and reporting any defects in a timely manner to the Logistics Manager.
· Ensure the vehicle is locked and secure when unattended.
· Promote Secure IT Disposals by wearing a clean, neat and tidy uniform as provided, and by ensuring your vehicle is maintained in a clean, tidy and serviceable condition.
· Ensure personal protective clothing equipment is worn.
·To partake in any training as required.
· Drive company vehicles in a safe and courteous fashion in accordance with the requirements of the
· Department of Transport and in compliance with the Highway Code.
· Take all reasonable action to ensure the safety and security of vehicles, equipment, goods, fellow employees and other road users.
·Responsible for promoting a professional image of the Company and work related events which take place outside normal working hours.
·On occasion, overnight stays will be required.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for people who believe in what we believe in, who enjoy coming to work each day and enjoy being part of a team as well as the following:
Good geographical knowledge of the UK road network
Appreciation of vehicle maintenance and safety checks
A customer focused approach with pleasant demeanour.
Effective communication skills.
Job will suit a self-motivated, hardworking ‘hands on’ person
Involves hard and dirty physical work, when done will provide immense job satisfaction.
Experience of multi drop collection and deliveries, working to strict deadlines
Full UK Driving License
Preferred 7.5T license with driver CPC qualification
If you wish to apply for a Driver position within our company, please send your CV to email@example.com or hand deliver your CV to the below address.
If you apply for this position, please mention where you saw this vacancy and do let us know how you get on, thank you and good luck :-)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.