Personal Assistant Employer
About the employer:
I am a young physically disabled woman who is looking to employ a female personal assistant to join my existing team to support me with all aspects of a busy life and enable me to continue to live independently. The applicant must be reliable, trustworthy and non-judgemental. No previous experience required – applications are welcome from individuals who may not have done this type of work before.
Summary of duties:
- Household chores and gardening
- Supporting me to shower
- Supporting me to go swimming (I swim independently)
- Accompanying me to work when necessary
- Going out and driving my van
The person I am looking for:
- A caring person with a good sense of humour
- Female due to personal care needs
- Must have a full, clean driving licence and be willing to drive my adapted van in busy cities and motorways
- Need to be comfortable around dogs but be prepared to not interact with my assistance dog
- Able to easily get to the Rednal/Rubery area of Birmingham
- Be willing to have a DBS check
Rate of Pay: £9 per hour
Guaranteed 5 hours a week, mainly spread across Fridays and weekends, mostly in the evening but sometimes more hours available for overtime. There is also the possibility of covering other hours during the week so this job is suited to someone who can be flexible, sometimes at short notice. Times and days will be given in advance.
- Meeting new people in different settings
- The opportunity to accompany me free of charge to festivals, cinemas and theatres etc.
- The opportunity to develop new skills and experiences to enhance your CV
Section 9 (2)(b) of the Employment (Sex Discrimination) Act 2000 applies to this post and is open to female applicants only.
If interested please contact Katy on: email@example.com
If you apply for this position, please mention where you saw this vacancy, thank you and good luck :-)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org