URGENT RECRUITMENT ANNOUNCEMENT:
I am an outgoing disabled, independent 30-something, living in the Rubery area. I live in a two bedroom bungalow & have an assistance dog.
I am looking for a personal care assistant (to start ASAP) to join my small team to support me in remaining living independently.
Up to 18 hours per week at my home address. Weekend and late evening availability essential!
What you would be doing
Assist me to get up and ready in a morning – Assistance with housework, accessing the community. Support with preparing meals Later evening toilet call.
You may sometimes be asked to accompany me on outings/overnight stays
Sarting rate of pay: £8ph, rising to £9ph (on satisfactory completion of a 12 month probationary period) when working at my address or in the local area.
£75.00 per night away from my home address.
Flexibility with times and number of days to work essential, due to the nature of my lifestyle.
Respect & work alongside my Assistance Dog.
The person I would like…
- Flexible and Reliable
- Own transport essential
- Driving Licence essential
- Previous care experience would be advantageous but not essential as personality and a willingness to learn is key to this role. (Moving & Handling training provided)
- You should be fun and outgoing with a can do attitude
- Have a kind and caring disposition, and be patient.
- You must respect my privacy and confidentiality at all times.
- Able to promote my independence at all times.
For more information or to apply for this role please forward me some information about yourself along with a covering letter to the email specified in the advert (click apply below).
Therefore no offers from pre-existing care agencies will be considered. No timewasters please. All interviews will be held by myself.
Candidates must be a MAXIMUM 10 minute drive from Rubery.
If you apply for this position, please mention where you saw this vacancy and do let us know how you get on, thank you and good luck :-)