Salary: £17,500- £28,000
Position Type: Permanent, Contract Type: Full Time
Hours of work: 39 hours per week
Wickes is an exciting, fast paced, changing environment. The range of services we offer our customers makes us a great place to work and grow. So if you’re passionate about retail and have held a position of Supervisor, Assistant or Deputy Manager then please read on!
We’re looking for people that truly love others and want to be the best they can be on a day to day basis, be that working with a customer to understand what they need or coaching a colleague to help them grow in their role. We want you to build and develop authentic working relationships with people you meet, in whatever context, make considered decisions that will often challenge thinking, be brave and always be at your best, whatever the situation. We need people who, like us, take real pride in what they do.
The role of Operations Manager is new for Wickes – this means the potential is high, as is the opportunity for growth. We expect that you’ll already show great leadership ability, be great at managing your workload, you’ll have the safety of others (including yourself!) at the forefront of your mind, you’ll be customer centric, making sure each and every customer has a great shopping experience with us and that you’ll come to work with a winning mindset.
Here’s a brief snapshot of what you’ll be doing…..
- Organising your teams, right people in place at the right time
- Working with your team, to achieve the targets, motivate colleagues and serve customers
- Encouraging a one team approach and leading by example, this is what makes Wickes a great place to work
- Serving our customers, ensuring they get the right products for their needs – promotions are up to date, that stock is available
- Being part of a team that thinks and practises safety at all times
- Supporting the Store Manager and your colleagues, where necessary
We will, of course, provide a full role profile prior to interview
What are we looking for:
- We do want people who have worked in a retail environment before – we’re not worried about what product!
- A can do spirit is essential in retail so this is a non negotiable for us!
- We want candidates who understand the financial side of business – previous KPI exposure and working to targets is a must
- We also want people who know how to recruit great team members – you spot potential and are able to work with individuals to bring that out
What you’ll get….
- A Competitive salary and monthly bonus
- 20% Discount
- 25 days holiday pro-rata
- Group wide colleague discounts
- Discount for more than 1000 retailers with Travis Perkins Reward Gateway
- Childcare vouchers
- Salary Exchange benefits
- Share incentive
- Pension scheme
- Development opportunities within a diverse organisation
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://travisperkins.avature.net/careers/JobDetail/Operations-Manager-Wickes/9337 →