ExtraCare Charitable Trust
Location: Longbridge Village
Salary: £8.01 to £8.54
The ExtraCare Charitable Trust is currently recruiting for General Assistants to join the team and work nights to undertake housekeeping and cleaning tasks, as well as care and support, for residents at our Longbridge Retirement Village, Birmingham. As a General Assistant you will be employed on a part time basis (27 and 18 hour contracts available) and will be rewarded with £8.01 – £8.54 per hour, plus 50p per hour night allowance.
Longbridge will be our fifth retirement Village in Birmingham. There will be 260 apartments for affordable rent and purchase and a host of social and leisure facilities to enjoy. The Village will be set on five acres fronting Lickey Road on the edge of Longbridge Town Centre. The Village opens in July 2017.
As our General Assistant you will be required to meet high standards of cleanliness, fulfilling all tasks as specified on the cleaning schedules. Performing regulatory and statutory Health and Safety related tasks, you will also build related tasks, recording and maintaining records as appropriate. The General Assistant will also be expected to deliver care and support to residents by supporting the lead night carer in double ups and delivering care calls at busy times in a manner that provides them with opportunities to use their abilities and enhance their quality of life that maintains their independence and privacy.
Our General Assistant will have the following responsibilities:
– Carrying out cleaning duties in the communal areas as required in the cleaning schedules.
– Review and keep up to date Risk assessments relating to the building and statutory checks.
– Ensure the building remains secure at all times and will give access to emergency services from time to time as appropriate.
– Update resident support plans in line with the Charities Quality Care Delivery Manual (QCDM).
– Maintain accurate completion of contact sheets and Medication Administration Records.
– To promote the physical, emotional and well being of these residents in all aspects of personal care.
– Attend handover or read handover notes and other information which ever is appropriate to the location.
– Aid in providing a support service to older people with which will help them to remain independent.
– Answer and respond to emergencies at night and seek support from the Care Supervisor if required.
– Take responsibility for all aspects of Health and Safety in your location.
– Be able to demonstrate an awareness of CQC fundamental standards.
– To complete QCF qualification relevant to their role within 9 months of joining.
The ExtraCare Charitable Trust enables older people to enjoy a healthier, happier and more independent future by integrating their homes, care and lifestyle. Founded in 1988, ExtraCare is a registered charity based in Coventry. It operates 3,848 homes within 14 retirement villages and 17 smaller housing schemes. Each village or scheme has 5 to 18 social, health and leisure facilities that are accessible to more than 4,400 residents 3,000 volunteers and local people representing all age groups living in surrounding communities. ExtraCare’s 60 Charity Shops help fund care and well-being services for older people living in its villages and schemes.
Our General Assistant would be required to work Christmas, New Year and Bank Holidays as allocated.
As a Night Worker, you are employed to work waking nights, therefore, sleeping at anytime during your shift (even break times) is not acceptable. Night staff who are lone workers must follow the lone working procedures.
This post will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure, two satisfactory references, medical clearance and Home Office right to work clearance.
If you think you have the skills and experience to make the perfect General Assistant then apply today. We look forward to reviewing your application.
To apply for this job please visit careers.extracare.org.uk.