Role purpose: To provide the highest quality of care and learning opportunities for all children in your care. To work in collaboration with parent/carers to meet the needs of their child and promote positive experiences for children and their families within the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework.
· Work effectively as part of a team, exhibit a flexible, positive and cooperative attitude
· To support Apprentices, Assistants and students through their training.
· To work with your team in the identification, planning and implementation of opportunities and learning experiences for the children within the EYFS
· To be a key person to a group of children and be responsible for tracking, monitoring and progressing their development.
· Conduct regular reviews of the children’s development liaising with parent/carer on a regular basis and more formally at twice yearly parent’s evenings.
· Take responsibility for record keeping in line with current systems, ensuring records are accurate and completed on time including daily record books, learning journeys, accident forms and message books
· Communicate effectively and positively with families, providing them with accurate information about the experiences and achievements of their children.
· Communicate effectively with colleagues and other professionals
· Ensure all children within My First Friends are actively safe guarded at all times, bringing to the attention of the Designated Safeguarding Lead anything that gives you cause for concern in line with our whistle blowing policy and child protection policy.
· Ensure that you present yourself in a manner that is in line with our code of conduct policy at all times.
· Consistently demonstrate the ability to appropriately interact and provide stimulation for the children by enabling them to play and learn together cooperatively, encouraging their self confidence and self esteem.
· To have knowledge on the Every Child Matters Outcomes and practice within the Early Years Foundation Stage framework
· Ensure current knowledge of all My First Friends policies and procedures and action them at all times.
· Consistently ensure each member of the staff team, the children and their families are valued and own practice is non judgemental, offering all children equal opportunities within the setting
· Demonstrate a willingness to learn and to apply that learning to work towards improvement, including sharing knowledge, skills and expertise through participation in team meetings.
· Attending to the children’s physical needs including nappy changing and toilet training, fostering their personal and hygiene skills
· Supervision of meal times, preparing and serving meals and where appropriate the preparation of babies bottles.
· Preparation, care and cleanliness of the nursery environment and the equipment, including laundry duties in the absence of the General Assistant
· Ensuring Health and Safety is a priority and carrying out risk assessments where necessary
· Attendance of staff meetings, training, parents’ evenings, open days and supporting the business in any extra activities that they carry out/partake in.
· Take part in regular supervision meetings and annual appraisals with your room leader or Manager.
· Identifying personal training requirements and discussing them with Room Leader or Nursery Manager
· Understand the boundaries of confidentiality and practice professionally within them at all times
If you apply for this position, please mention where you saw this vacancy, thank you and good luck :-)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org