Little Turtle Day Nursery
children are in the centre of all decision making
Purpose of Post
1. To work under the direction of the manager and deputise for them as and when required.
2. To support the aims and objectives of the nursery and assist the manager in the organisation of a high quality nursery for children.
3. To provide high standards of childcare and education- to include the monitoring and reviews of provision, this includes providing a safe, caring environment to enable the emotional, social and educational development of children, through planning, observation and assessment.
4. To direct and support staff.
Director and Nursery Manager
1. To promote the aims and objectives of the nursery
2. To promote the high standards of the nursery at all times to both parent’s, staff and visitors.
3. To assist the manager in showing perspective parents around the nursery and replying back to enquiries.
4. To ensure the provision of high standards of care. To carry out duties of the designated senior lead in safeguarding children and staff in the nursery.
5. To lead a staff team and ensure good practice at all times.
6. To implement policies and procedures of the nursery.
7. To assist with the planning and organisation of staffing rotas and deployment of staff. Ensuring staffing levels are maintained
8. To assist with the implementation of nursery systems and to monitor and record children’s development.
9. To be responsible for the health and safety and completion of daily risk assessments and opening and closing checks
10. To ensure high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times.
11. To ensure the nursery is a high quality environment to meet the needs, religious backgrounds and cultures of all the children .
12. To ensure all documents received are treated and stored to the data protection policy of the nursery.
13. To assist staff with their own personal development.
14. To liaise with parents, other family members and staff to help ensure that particular needs of the children are met.
15. To liaise with outside agencies as required.
16. Maintaining awareness of staff’s knowledge of fire drills, safeguarding and welfare policies and procedures.
17. To attend staff meetings, training and parents evening and open days as and when.
18. To undertake such duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature as may be determined from time to time by the director or nursery manager.
19. To deputise for the manager in their absence.
• Paediatric first aid
• Food Hygiene
• Baby Room experience
If you apply for this position, please mention where you saw this vacancy, thank you and good luck :-)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.