We are looking for volunteers to help manage our busy free online events calendar, jobs page and business directory for South West Birmingham. These services are free to the local community.
About B31 Voices
At B31 Voices, we believe that connected communities are stronger communities.
We are a volunteer led, non profit community organisation that aims to empower communities across south west Birmingham, by keeping them informed and engaged.
We support our local communities by providing a virtual community hub – on our website and on social media – to bring together residents, visitors, politicians, police, community groups and other community stakeholders, enabling exchange of information, engagement and participation.
We also provide information, support and signposting to members of our communities who find themselves vulnerable or in need.
About the role:
- Checking, formatting and editing user submitted events, jobs, listings or lost, found, stolen items and pets
- Sourcing and adding new local events, jobs and businesses
- Sharing events, jobs, listings, lost / found / stolen to B31 Voices’ social media accounts
You will need:
- access to a desktop/laptop computer is preferable, but the role would be manageable using a tablet. It would not be possible to do some tasks using a smartphone
- to be comfortable with using social media and the internet
- to be able to dedicate a set number of hours (at least 2) per week to the role
We will provide:
- Full training and support as needed
- Access to our online team board
- An opportunity to build up skills and experience in writing, communication, social media and working as part of a team
- An opportunity to contribute positively to the local community
- The potential to expand your voluntary role as you feel able: for example: writing articles, sourcing and writing original content, attending and live blogging community meetings and events, guiding and supporting local community organisations on using B31 Voices and social media, assisting with day to day running of social media accounts
Please click apply to be taken to our online application form.
To apply for this job please visit b31.org.uk.