Birmingham Community Leisure Trust
Location: Northfield Leisure Centre
Hours: 40 Hours Per Week
Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £8.25 Per Hour
Closes: 09 Feb 2018
Birmingham Community Leisure Trust is committed to providing a safe, warm, clean, friendly, fun environment for the local community at an affordable cost. Honesty, integrity and a positive, can-do attitude are key to helping us deliver this mission and are values we expect from each individual.
Key purpose of role:
The Leisure Assistant’s role is to work within the centre, ensuring customer safety and high standards of service and customer care at all times. The role will involve supervision of specific activities including Lifeguarding the swimming pools, maintaining high standards of cleanliness and the safe handling and set up of equipment.
- Provide supervision of swimming pools to ensure customer safety at all times, by preventing accidents and incidents and by taking the appropriate action in the event of these occurring
- Provide supervision of dry-side activities to ensure customer safety at all times, by preventing accidents and incidents and by taking the appropriate action in the event of these occurring
- Ensure equipment is set up in order to meet the needs of the programmed activities
- Undertake cleaning tasks as required, to ensure the centre is well presented and monitor standards of cleanliness in customer critical areas such as changing rooms, health suite and toilets
- Monitor customer use within the centre and ensure unsafe practices are promptly dealt with or reported as appropriate
- Maintain high levels of customer service at all times
- Maintain a full product knowledge of the services and activities available at the centre
- Attend training sessions in order to demonstrate competency and maintain a valid qualification
- Follow the processes laid down in the SMS (Serco Management System), in particular, the Pool Normal Operating, Pool Emergency and Centre Emergencies Procedures
- Consistently and actively apply good housekeeping principles, such as turning off lights and equipment when not in use, in order to contribute to our strategy, to reduce utility consumption and carbon footprint.
- Undertake any other duties as required, as directed by the Duty Manager
Essential Qualifications / Experience:
- The leisure Assistant will possess a current Royal Lifesaving Society National Pool Lifeguard Qualification.
- A first aid at work qualification and pool plant operators’ certificate are also desirable.
- Experience Level The Leisure Assistant should ideally be able to demonstrate a level of experience and knowledge commensurate with the position.
- Experience of working in a busy leisure environment
- Experience in dealing with high volumes of customers, adults and children
- Post holder shall wear designated uniform provided when on duty and follow appropriate code of appearance in this respect
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
If you apply for this position, please mention where you saw this vacancy, thank you and good luck :-)
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.leisurejobs.com/minisites/serco-leisure/job/1557593/leisure-assistant/ →