Website King Edward VI Five Ways School
Lunchtime Supervisor – Term time only
7½ hours per week, Monday – Friday inclusive (12.20 pm – 1.50 pm)
£8.67 per hour
Purpose of Role:
To ensure that the site is kept clean, safe and secure during the lunch break
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Patrol the school site, entering all rooms / areas to ensure adequate supervision of pupils.
2. To be a good role model – displaying and encouraging good manners and mutual respect.
3. To be a highly visible adult presence around the site, throughout lunch break.
4. Ensure that the Gallery Dining Room and surrounding areas (Lobby, Pavilion etc.) are kept and free of litter –
directing pupils to tidy up as necessary. Working effectively as a team, to ensure the smooth operation of the
5. Ensure that tables, chairs, floors and surrounding areas in the Gallery Dining Room and the Pavilion are kept free
of litter and dirty crockery. Tidy up / wipe down regularly.
6. Ensure that the male and female pupil toilets are regularly checked.
7. Notify Pupil Supervisors of damage or major spillages in need of attention.
8. Respond appropriately to incidents; escorting pupil(s) to First Aider, summoning assistance for an injured pupil,
if appropriate and assisting in the swift and orderly evacuation of the school when necessary.
9. Notify Mark Overton of any planned absence or otherwise, at the earliest opportunity but not later than 9.30am
on the day of absence.
10. Attend and participate in such Staff Meetings / other working groups as are appropriate to the role.
11. Attend and participate in training and staff development programmes as per the school’s Staff Development
12. Carry out any other reasonable tasks commensurate with the role as requested by Senior Management Team,
Pupil Supervisor or Business and Estates Manager.
For further information about King Edward VI Five Ways School or to obtain a copy of the online application pack, please visit: www.kefw.org/vacancies or contact the school directly at:
King Edward VI Five Ways School, Scotland Lane, Bartley Green, Birmingham, B32 4BT
Tel: 0121 475 3535, Email: HR@kefw.org
If you apply for this position, please mention where you saw this vacancy, thank you and good luck :-)
To apply for this job email your details to HR@kefw.org