Website King Edward VI Five Ways School
Cleaner – All year
12½ hours per week, Monday – Friday inclusive (4.00 pm – 6.30 pm) £7.90 per hour Cleaner – All year
17½ hours per week, Monday – Friday inclusive (3.30 pm – 7.00 pm) £7.90 per hour Purpose of Role:
To work under the direction of the Head Porter (or Assistant Porter), either as an individual or as part
of a team, in the cleaning of the designated area of work within the school
To provide a clean and pleasant environment in order to facilitate the effective teaching of pupils and
its full use by those staff and pupils who occupy it
To help maintain the fabric of school building
To maintain cleanliness in order to prevent any health risk from occurring in schools Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Carry out cleaning duties, including vacuuming, mopping, sweeping and buffing, in and out of term-time as
directed, using the specified materials and mechanical cleaning aids (such as vacuum cleaner or buffing
machine), as necessary to meet the site daily cleaning schedule.
2. During holiday time to ‘deep clean’ all areas, which may involve using carpet shampooers as well as other
equipment previously noted.
3. Understand and adhere to Health and Safety Regulations ensuring that all work carried out is in accordance with
legislative requirements, ensuring a safe working environment at all times.
4. Compliance with the schools request to wear PPE at all times.
5. To comply at all times with King Edward VI Five Ways Policies and Procedures.
6. To attend training courses which are relevant to the post, i.e. COSHH, Manual Handling etc.
7. Carry out any other reasonable tasks commensurate with the role as requested by Senior Management Team,
Head Porter (or assistant) or Business and Estates Manager.
8. Notify Mark Overton of any planned absence or otherwise, at the earliest opportunity but not later than 9.30am
on the day of absence.
9. Any further duties as instructed by your Line Manager to ensure the smooth running of the school. Application Pack For further information about King Edward VI Five Ways School or to obtain a copy of the online application pack, please visit: www.kefw.org/vacancies or contact the school directly at: King Edward VI Five Ways School, Scotland Lane, Bartley Green, Birmingham, B32 4BT Tel: 0121 475 3535, Email: HR@kefw.org If you apply for this position, please mention where you saw this vacancy, thank you and good luck :-)