West Heath Community Centre
West Heath Community Centre is a busy, vibrant, friendly hub at the heart of the community. A part time vacancy exists for a Finance Officer who will be able to take charge of the financial health of our charity by administering accounting operations.
Applicants should be able to display the following attributes:
• Strong financial aptitude. Ideally having worked for at least 2-3 years in a similar role.
• Great IT skills and experience of using accounting software eg Quickbooks, Sage and spreadsheets (Excel or similar).
• Qualifications. Some formal accountancy training is desirable.
• Detail oriented and well organised. You should be able to work well under pressure, prioritise a varied workload, and deliver to deadline.
• Comfortable working in a small organisation, which means being flexible, adaptable and capable of responding positively to new challenges.
• Be a good team member and ambassador for the Community Centre. You should be approachable, positive and polite. The ability to communicate clearly, multi-task, solve problems and be resourceful are essential qualities.
• Be able to work in a team or on their own without supervision.
Hours of work: 14 hours per week
Core hours of 9.30am – 2.30pm Monday and Thursday
The additional 4 hours can be worked flexibly
Pay: £10.51 per hour
Holidays: 12 days (pro rata equivalent of 30 days)
To apply and for further information, contact Community Centre Manager Anita Jeskins via email to email@example.com
You will need to supply a CV and a cover letter.
Closing date for applications is Friday 15th November at 2.00pm
Finance Officer Job Description
The Finance Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Community Centre’s financial systems and procedures. They must be familiar with invoicing, audits and bank reconciliations and have excellent organisational skills. The ideal candidate will have experience of using computerised accounting software eg Quickbooks, and should possess excellent analytical and numerical skills. They should also be able to cover a range of administrative and office support activities to facilitate the efficient operation of the community centre. They should be approachable, positive, polite and a good team member.
• To deal with all financial transactions and keep accurate records.
• To establish and maintain effective and efficient financial procedures to support the smooth operation of the Centre’s financial systems.
• To process invoices, making rental calculations, reconciliation and debtor chasing.
• To reconcile bank statements.
• Prepare financial reports, spreadsheets and information to be used in reports to the Board of Directors.
• Participate in financial audits.
• Assist the Centre Manager with monthly wage processing.
• To bank cheques and other monies and to obtain cash from the bank as required.
• To oversee and manage the running of a ‘Bonus Ball’ fund-raising scheme.
• To organise floats for centre events, count and bank funds.
• To ensure that the quality of the service provided is of a high standard and is monitored and reviewed and implement any changes or improvements if required.
• Provide office cover when required eg the absence of the Centre Manager or Administrative Officer.
• Be adaptable, and able to react and respond appropriately to any situations which arise within the Community Centre.
• Any other tasks which are commensurate with the post
Qualifications and skills
• A good level of literacy and mathematical skills (minimum GCSE Maths and English)
• Experience of working in a financial setting and use of spreadsheets (e.g. Excel).
• Experience of financial procedures, banking and reconciliation audit requirements.
• Experience of developing and implementing financial procedures and good practice guidelines.
• Experience of using a computerised financial package e.g. Sage or Quickbooks.
• Excellent record keeping skills and attention to detail.
• Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to deal with the public in a friendly, efficient manner.
• The ability to work individually and as part of a team, and to maintain discretion.
Applying? please mention you saw this vacancy on ‘B31 Voices‘ and do let us know how you get on, we’d love to know :-)
Thank you and good luck :-)