Job role: Counter Colleague
Job ref: 1035838BR
Postcode: B29 5UP
Location: Barnes Hill
Hours per week: 16
Application deadline: 22-Apr-2018
How will you make a difference?
Here’s the short answer;
We can attract customers to our Counters by having stunning displays and great quality products. Once they are at the Counter we must encourage them to buy by giving great service. As a Counter Colleague, you must be available at all times to serve customers. You may be the first colleague a customer has spoken to so it’s vital you understand how important that first impression is! Great service means different things to different customers. It’s about being warm and friendly, answering questions and giving advice and recommendations.
We’re proud of our warm and friendly service. It’s what our customers love and have come to expect. So we’ll always expect you to:
- Have a smile in your voice and always say ‘hello’ and ‘goodbye’ – and in between show an interest and find out customers’ needs
- Greet customers with a smile & use eye contact, always paying full attention to the customer you are serving
- Courtesy is a big part of our warm and friendly service culture so remember the importance of saying please and thank you
- Treat every customer as an individual; YOU may be the first person the customer speaks to in the store, and possibly the last. YOU can make a difference to the customer experience
- Learn about the different products available, so you can be confident serving customers
- Try to recommend additional products to meet customers’ needs. Help maximise sales (and customer satisfaction) by keeping shelves replenished and products always available. Be aware of promotions going on in the store and make sure customers are aware too
- Regularly check the display from a customer’s point of view to ensure the products look fresh
- Ensure all serving utensils and consumables are always available, check stock levels are adequate for the days trade. Fresh production planning should be in place. Replenish the counter little and often, avoid overstocking
- Under counter and back up stocks must be maintained to aid replenishment of the counter
- And much more!
Being the best you can be, every day
We’re one big team, so we’re looking for helpful, outgoing people who can get along with and support others.
If you apply for this position, please mention where you saw this vacancy, thank you and good luck :-)
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.asda.jobs/job-detail/?jobRef=1035838BR →