Our learning disability care home supports five adults and is looking for a small number of bank staff to support the home in delivering person centred care.
There are opportunities for weekday, evenings, nights or weekend work.
We invest in our bank staff, offering a wide range of training and opportunities for personal development.
1) To provide regular assistance to residents with their personal care needs, ensuring this is delivered in accordance with what is in their care plan.
2) To prepare meals and support residents at meal times, ensuring all their dietary requirements are met and the meals are well balanced and nutritious.
3) To encourage and enable the development of residents’ life skills and to maximise opportunities to develop residents’ personal interests and talent. Ensure that all activities are appropriate to individual requirements.
4) To assist residents in household chores and personal laundry, ensuring the home is maintained to a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene. Making sure the residents’ belongings are treated with care and respect and are fully accounted for at all times
5) To maintain safety in the Home at all times within established procedures. To ensure risk assessments are undertaken in line with prescribed policy and best practice, in conjunction with line manager.
7) To assist in the maintenance of all recording systems in place within the home, as required. To take responsibility for providing documentary evidence of all work undertaken.
Ability to show empathy and build rapport with clients.
Good written and verbal skills.
Able to work unsocial hours as required.
Subject to satisfactory DBS check
Experience of working within a residential care home setting
Diploma in health & social care or equivalent (eg. NVQII)
For more details about this role please go to www.bvt.org.uk
NO CV’s – No Agencies
We are committed to achieving equality and fairness in serving our diverse communities.
Applying? please mention you saw this vacancy on ‘B31 Voices‘ and do let us know how you get on, we’d love to know :-)
Thank you and good luck :-)