Various full and part-time opportunities (Shift pattern: Shifts on a rota to include weekends)
To £7.50 per hour*
At Avery, we are currently developing our brand new Bourn View care home located in Bournville which is due to open in June. Bourn View, like all Avery homes will be a luxurious, high quality care home, where we will deliver outstanding standards of care.
To join us for when we open the home, we currently seek dedicated, empathetic and caring team players to join us as Care Assistants.
As a Care Assistant, it is desirable that you hold a Level 2 qualification in Health & Social Care (or equivalent), alongside experience of a similar role. It is equally important that you can demonstrate the right behaviours and attitude for working in an adult social care environment. A full induction programme will be provided, alongside formal training opportunities.
The role will require you to work shifts on a rota.
The key responsibilities of our Care Assistants include:
- Provide person centred care and personal care to residents in all aspects of their daily living
- Supporting residents at meal times, in accordance with their individual needs
- Ensure the environment is maintained to a high standard including shared areas; ensure areas are decorated as rooms become vacant and that the whole environment is checked regularly to achieve the desired standards
- Contribute fully to team working, responding positively to colleagues and undertaking all reasonable work instructions promptly
- Take reasonable care of equipment used to carry out tasks, including general cleanliness and advising on any faults or the need for maintenance or replacement
- Practice safe systems of work across the range of tasks and in particular moving and handling of loads, by assessing risk and having due regard for personal safety and the safety of residents, visitors and staff
- Understand personal responsibilities with regard to Health and Safety at Work legislation, particularly in relation to moving and handling of residents and fire safety and evacuation procedures
- Take an active interest in your personal and professional development by, contributing to supervision and appraisal meetings, attending team meetings and training
- Adhere to all company and local policies/procedures
- Develop positive professional relationships with residents, visitors and colleagues
When joining Avery Healthcare, we will offer you:
5.6 weeks annual holiday per annum (including public holidays), pro rata
Career development pathways and formal training opportunities
Avery Healthcare is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults.
This post will require an Enhanced DBS Disclosure the cost of which is met by Avery Healthcare.
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK is essential.
*Avery’s pay rates are in accordance with the national minimum or living wage.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.averyhealthcare.co.uk/vacancies/386/care-assistants--days--nights.html →