Summer Holiday Kitchen Volunteer – Role Description
Tasks and responsibilities will include;
- Supporting the Holiday Kitchen Lead in the day to day running of the sessions i.e. setting up – 30 minutes before start time and 30 minutes after finishing to tidy away, support the lead with preparing breakfast, support the lead by preparing lunch with the families or cooking in the kitchen, meet and greet the parents and children when they arrive at the session.
- Be a positive role model to the children and parents who attend the session e.g. take part in the activities yourself and encouraging parents and children to take part in the activities throughout the session.
Become aware of the planning for the Holiday Kitchen and support the lead; encouraging parents to take an active part in supporting their child with the learning objectives for the session.
- Support the Holiday Kitchen lead and members of staff with any conflicts or disputes between parents and/ or children by informing the lead of any kind of behaviour that is a risk to the families attending. Your responsibility would be to inform a member of staff and not deal with a situation yourself.
- Be willing to take part in Holiday Kitchen Volunteer training
- Adhere to policies and procedures
Applying? please mention you saw this vacancy on ‘B31 Voices‘ and do let us know how you get on, we’d love to know :-)
Thank you and good luck :-)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.