Website Rowheath Pavilion
Role title: Bar Staff (3 Positions available)
Location: Rowheath Pavilion – Bournville
Remuneration: £7/7.20 per hour.
Closing date: Applications Friday 3rd March.
Interview date set for Saturday 4th March at Rowheath Pavilion
Rowheath is a community centre in the heart of Bournville that attracts nearly 3,000 people a week through a wide variety of events and activities. These range from wedding functions, sports groups (including football, rugby and running), parents and toddler groups, fundraising events, seasonal festivals and lots more. At the heart of this centre is Pavilion Christian Community, which had the original vision of developing Rowheath to benefit the people of the community. The bar serves many groups and functions and its development is crucial for creating a welcoming environment for the wider community and for serving existing customers and functions to the best of its ability.
We are looking for enthusiastic, dedicated and committed Bar Staff with a heart for community, to work as part of our team serving community groups, functions and sports users. You will support the bar supervisors in the running of the bar.
Purpose of the Role.
The Bar staff assist with operational running of the bar at Rowheath Pavilion ensuring users are welcomed into a clean and friendly environment and served with extremely high standards whilst adhering to stringent environmental health processes.
Scope of the Role
• Operating the till, and balancing it on a daily basis
•Maintaining cellar temperature and stock records
• Banking the bar takings daily
• Keeping accurate time sheets daily
• Assisting with ordering supplies
• Checking that orders have been correctly delivered and charged for
• Serving customers in a pleasant and courteous manner
• Cleaning the kitchen, bar area and toilets in accordance with Health and Safety Regulations and Guidance
• Keeping cleaning and temperature records
• Undertaking the preparation of the beverages served in the bar
• Clearing tables
• Washing up
• Ensuring that the bar environment is pleasant and welcoming in line with the image
• Reporting maintenance issues to the Bar Manager
• Ensuring that any risk assessments are complied with
- There are 3 positions available both of which are part time hours to be confirmed.
- Annual leave of 28 days per year (pro rata) includes Bank Holidays.
- The Bar Manager will conduct an annual appraisal.
Other working conditions are detailed in the terms and conditions of employment and the staff handbook.
For more information about these roles please contact the Bar Manager Simon on 0121 458 1711 between the hours of 9am to 5pm, Monday, Wednesday or Friday.
Please read Person Specification before completing an application form.