adi Group is a large, privately owned, Birmingham based multi-disciplined engineering company offering total engineered solutions to food, beverage, aerospace, defence and automotive industries.
We currently employ over 550 people in regional offices and customer sites across the UK.
At adi Group we believe our success as a business is a direct result of our core values and retaining talented individuals with a strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence.
We are dedicated to creating a winning team and are proud of our track record……
As a company, we are constantly in the process of growing our experienced engineering business and we now have an exciting opportunity for an APPRENTICE Office Junior / Business Administrator
You will provide a comprehensive support in all aspects of day to day clerical and administrative tasks and maintenance of systems and procedures to enable the company to operate effectively and efficiently.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail
- Answer incoming calls and distributing to correct personnel
- Management of meeting room bookings
- Provide reception services to meet and welcome visitors
- Administration and distribution of Workwear/PPE orders
- Organisation of hotel and travel bookings
- Research, retrieve and store information/documentation as required
- Producing and designing documents
- Support the organisation and co-ordination of company meetings and events
- Keeping the print room, post room and stationary area tidy and maintaining stock/materials levels
- Development suppliers list and maintenance of suppliers price lists
- Ordering print room, post room and stationary stock/materials – Contacting suppliers for quotes.
- Raising and issuing Purchase Orders to suppliers
- Progression and expediting of outstanding orders – To liaise with suppliers for the speedy and effective delivery of products
- Checking orders of stock/materials when received – Matching delivery notes to purchase orders
- Scanning, recording and filing documents
- Collating and preparing documents as required
- Managing the Returned Goods Process ensuring that incorrect or faulty goods are returned for replacement, repair or credit as applicable.
- Arrange the return and credit of over-ordered and unwanted materials and goods.
- Collation and processing of timesheets and purchase invoices
- Resolution of timesheet and purchase invoice queries
- Any other General Office and Administrative Duties
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
- 5x GCSE (or equivalent) at Grade C or above
- Ability to work flexibly
- Team player but also able to use own initiative
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to input, process and interpret data
- Ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel and Outlook
- Presentation software eg: Powerpoint, Word Processing Software
To be a part of our successful team you will need to :
- Have a positive “can do” attitude
- Be reliable and consistent
- Demonstrate a methodical approach and ability to meet deadlines
- Have excellent time management and organisational skills
- Demonstrate a keen eye for accuracy and attention to detail
- Have a logical, precise and accurate approach to work
- Be able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Have strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrate a professional manner and dynamic personality with strong command of the English language
- Be resilient and able to cope under pressure
- Able to work flexibly and prioritise workload
- Have strong customer service and communication skills
- Demonstrate good numeracy and analytical skills
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships and negotiate with people at all levels
- A proactive approach with the ability to work without supervision take ownership, accountability without daily guidance
WHY WORK FOR US?
We believe that our success is based on your success.
We are a forward thinking organisation offering ongoing support and development to help you realise your potential and career aspirations.
A competitive salary & benefit package is available to the right individual who wants to join a progressive and forward thinking engineering company. This role is available for immediate start.
To join the adi team please apply below
To apply for this job please visit adiltd.co.uk.