University of Birmingham 360Sport&Fitness
360 Sport & Fitness Receptionist – 51750
Salary: Full time starting salary is normally in the range £16,350 to £17,342. With potential progression once in post to £20,430 a year.
New staff are eligible to join the University’s new defined contribution pension scheme. Existing staff may continue to receive their current benefits.
Additional Information: Candidates will have to pass a swimming competency test. 144 hours to be worked over 4 weeks.
Terms and Conditions: Support
Job Purpose: Working with limited supervision, the Receptionist will support the University of Birmingham Sport Member Engagement and Front of House Department business objectives, reporting directly to The Team Leader. The Receptionist will lead on key areas of the business plan for customer service. The post holder will work to strengthen the relationships with the relevant teams within the University of Birmingham and to increase members and customer relations within the sports centre.
This is an exciting time to join a growing team as we move into a brand new £55 million sports centre. The new, state-of-the-art centre will open its doors in 2017 and brings with it a host of new responsibilities and opportunities for the team as a whole.
Person Specification Essential:
• Experience of front of house operations
• Excellent customer service skills and resolving conflict
• Experience of working within the leisure industry
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• The ability to work unsupervised
• The ability to think creatively in approaching solutions and identifying opportunities
• The ability to use initiative to drive a project forward
• The ability to manage own time and work on multiple projects simultaneously priortising workload
• Friendly and approachable
• Commitment to flexible hours, including working outside normal office days and hours
• Flexibility with holiday requests during busy periods
• Computer literate, including the use of Microsoft Word and Excel Publisher
• Ability to work as part of team
• Educated to A Level, or equivalent professional qualification in Customer Service within Hospitality
• Knowledge of the Sport and Fitness industry
• Able to deal face to face with customers
• Experience of working in a fast passed environment
• Responds appropriately & co-operatively to change, challenges & conflicting demands
• Strong numerical skills
• Experience of using a till and cashing up
• First Aid at Work Qualification Desirable:
Extensive knowledge and experience of outstanding customer care.
Closing Date: 21 Feb 2017
A full job description is available in PDF format here
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?amNvZGU9MTYyODYzMiZ2dF90ZW1wbGF0ZT03Njcmb3duZXI9NTAzMjUyMSZvd25lcnR5cGU9ZmFpciZicmFuZF9pZD0wJmxvY2F0aW9uX2NvZGU9MTU0NDUmb2NjX2NvZGU9NzEyMiZwb3N0aW5nX2NvZGU9MTE3JnJlcXNpZz0xNDg1MjU1MDQ2LWE1OTg4ODJmMThmNTJkMWIxMTA2MGQ3YjE4YzE0YzliMDlhZjM3NTU=&jcode=1628632&vt_template=767&owner=5032521&ownertype=fair&brand_id=0&location_code=15445&occ_code=7122&posting_code=117&reqsig=1485255046-a598882f18f52d1b11060d7b18c14c9b09af3755 →