An exciting opportunity for young people starts in Birmingham next week.
18-24 year olds have until Monday (9th July) to secure a valuable work placement experience with BT, with the course starting on Tuesday 10th July.
There are 14,000 unemployed young people in the West Midlands who are eligible for the programme.
The free, 11-day course at Fazeley Studios in Digbeth will see BT experts helping young people with CV writing, interview skills, work experience and recruitment training.
There are still a number of places left for young people to sign up – but they need to be quick, as registration closes on July 9.
To qualify, entrants need to be aged 18 to 24, and not in education, employment or training.
After graduating from the 11-day course, BT will help participants find a job, or further training.
The course is being held in partnership with Movement to Work, the work placement charity delivering the pilot Government programme of work placements in the West Midlands.
James Ashall, chief executive at Movement to Work, said: “The programme is designed for young people aged 18 to 24 who are not in education, employment or training.
“They’ll learn skills that’ll help them get a job and experience what it’s like in a real workplace.
“Completing a placement may be just what you need to get noticed and get a job – we really want to fill these places so young people have the chance to improve their skills and employment prospects.”
The course includes help with:
- Creating a great CV, refining interview skills and searching for jobs in line with career aspirations
- Three days of hands-on work experience, either shadowing a BT engineer or in a digital, office-based role
- A mock recruitment assessment day – a safe environment to practice work assessments commonly undertaken by BT and other large employers
- Developing digital skills, completing a project with a team and having chance to present to senior BT leaders
- Growing your confidence, creativity and setting goals
At the end of the 11-day course, there will be a graduation event, with participants receiving a certificate and valuable work-based experience to add to their CV.
Visit the BT Work Ready page to find out more and register.