Birmingham City Council tenants are being invited to join consultation events on Government’s latest Housing Green Paper this week.
According to the Government’s online consultation page, the paper, A new deal for social housing: “seeks views on government’s vision for social housing providing safe, secure homes that help people get on with their lives.”
The green paper consults on the Government’s plans for:
- Ensuring homes are safe and decent
- Effective resolution of complaints
- Empowering residents and strengthening the Regulator
- Tackling stigma and celebrating thriving communities
- Expanding supply and supporting home ownership
Birmingham City Council and the city’s Housing Liaison Boards, which represent tenants, are holding consultation events to discuss tenants views.
The events are being held between Tuesday 8th and Tuesday 15th October around the city. Those in the south west Birmingham area are:
- Northfield constituency: Middlemore Sheltered Housing Scheme, Northfield B31 3UP – Thursday 11th October 10am – 12.30pm
- Selly Oak constituency: Billesley Ark Community Centre, 725 Yardley Wood Road, Billesley B13 0PT – Thursday 11th October 2pm – 5pm
- Edgbaston constituency: Weather Oaks Sheltered Housing Scheme, Weather Oaks (off Lordswood Road), Harborne B17 9DD – Friday 12th October 1pm – 4pm
Have You Say
To read the Green Paper and to leave your views, visit https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/a-new-deal-for-social-housing