Three GP surgeries in south west Birmingham are consulting with patients as they consider moving into one, larger purpose-built medical centre.
BG Health currently operates from two surgeries at Bunbury Road Surgery, Northfield and Griffins Brook Medical Centres in Bournville.
They are currently looking at options to relocate into a single purpose-built building on the Bournville Village Trust estate by 2020, with the possibility of merging with Bournville’s Granton Medical Centre as part of the move.
Modern ‘neighbourhood hub’
On the Bunbury Road Surgery website, BG Health say: “We are committed to ensuring that patients have access to high-quality, local primary care services and the current sites are either not fit for purpose or do not generally meet the current standards we would expect for a GP surgery.
“By moving we would be able to offer our patients modern facilities in a “neighbourhood hub”, allowing integration with other local primary care services such as mental health counsellors, district nurses, physiotherapists, health trainers and Back to Work support workers, as well as additional car parking.”
Have Your Say
Patients are being asked to send their views on the potential move.
Views can be left by completing a online survey, before Friday 28th September.
A number of drop in sessions where patients can ask questions and give their views are also being held throughout September at each of the three surgeries.
- Granton Medical Centre, 114 Middleton Hall Road, Birmingham, B30 1DH
- Thursday 6 September, 1-2pm
- Thursday 27 September, 5-6pm
- Griffins Brook Medical Centre, 119 Griffins Brook Lane, Birmingham, B30 1QN
- Monday 10 September, 5-6pm
- Tuesday 11 September, 12.30-1.30pm
- Bunbury Road Surgery, 108 Bunbury Road, Birmingham, B31 2DN
- Monday 17 September, 5.30-6.30pm
- Tuesday 18 September, 12.30-1.30pm