This Thursday (21st June) is Clean Air Day 2018. National Express West Midlands (NXWM) is celebrating by offering all passengers a day of free travel on their buses with a FREE mTicket Daysaver.
The company hopes the free tickets will encourage more people to try the bus and leave their cars at home, helping to reduce pollution.
Tom Stables, Managing Director, said: “Air pollution is a real problem here in the West Midlands. It’s affecting people’s health right now – especially children. Bus travel is one of the solutions to pollution. We know that once people try the bus, they like it, so offering free travel on Clean Air Day is a great opportunity to get on board.”
In a bid to cut exhaust emissions, National Express West Midlands has been investing millions of pounds on new cleaner, greener buses and have fitted hundreds of their oldest buses with new exhaust system. In the last five years, emissions have been cut by 50% and the company aims to halve them again within the next couple of years.
Mr Stables added: “Make a pledge to leave your car at home on June 21st, and let’s all work together to bring down air pollution across the West Midlands.”
To claim your free Daysaver:
- Complete the form on the National Express West Midlands website (if you already have an mTicket account, make sure you use the same email address)
- Download the mTicket app to your mobile phone – Android – Apple
- In the app, click on the menu button on the top right and CREATE a new account using the email address you gave on the form
- Your Daysaver will be sent to the app and can be used on a day of your choice within 90 days
- Steps 1 to 3 must be completed by 11.59pm on Thursday 21st June!