A man arrested yesterday as part of a West Midlands Police investigation into a shooting in Bartley Green at the weekend is to appear before Birmingham magistrates today on burglary charges.
Leon Clarke, 20, was arrested at his home in Pomeroy Close in the Woodgate Valley area of Bartley Green in the early hours of yesterday morning (Wednesday 3rd May). As well as being suspected of committing several burglaries, Clarke was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder in relation to an incident in Parkside on Sunday (30th April) where a man was shot in the arm.
He has now been charged with a total of eight burglaries in just two months across South Birmingham, Solihull and Sandwell.
Burglary charges relate to:
- 28th January Holdgate Road, Northfield
- 28th February Lowbrook Lane, Solihull
- 12th March Uplands Avenue, Rowley Regis
- 17th March, Silver Street, Wythall
- 23rd March Dykens Way, Solihull
- 23rd March Woodthorpe Road, Kings Heath
- 23rd March Tudor Close, Kings Heath
- 27th March Ferndown Road, Solihull
Clarke has been bailed on a charge of attempted murder while police enquiries continue into recent disorder in the area.
Besides the Parkside shooting, two men were stabbed in nearby Simmons Leasowe at the weekend.
Anyone with any information that may help police enquiries is asked to call 101. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or visit www.crimestoppers-uk.org
Cover photo by Elliot Brown on Flickr