Partner organisations hope that a new multi-million pound project will help reduce youth unemployment across Birmingham and Solihull.
The Youth Promise Plus project – aimed at 15-29 year olds and funded by the Department for Work and Pensions and the European Social Fund – is backed by Birmingham and Solihull councils, the Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership, police commissioner and Prince’s Trust are among organisations backing the scheme.
Who can get support?
- 15 to 29 years old
- Birmingham resident
- Unemployed – claiming JSA / Universal Credit / Income Support
- Not in education or training
What’s on offer?
Experienced advisors to help you:
- Find the right job
- Get work experience or placements
- Gain new qualifications
- Find the right Apprenticeship or Traineeship
- Improve your confidence
- Create a winning CV
Help with expenses such as:
- Travel costs
- Work or training related expenses
- Workwear and equipment
- DBS checks and proof of ID
Where to access support?
- Northfield Library – from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm every Monday & Friday until 28th April (excluding Bank Holidays 14/4/17 & 17/4/17) – search ‘Youth Promise Plus’ on our events calendar to see if more dates added
- APM Northfield – every Wednesday morning from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm. Address: 1102 Bristol Road South, Northfield, B31 2RE (near Shell Garage / Fire Station).
- Jobcentre Plus – Monday to Friday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. Intervention Workers are based in Longbridge, Selly Oak and Kings Heath Jobcentre Plus offices – ask about Youth Promise Plus
- Call 0121 262 3960 to be allocated an intervention worker