A consultation is being held for proposed improvement works at West Heath Park after funding was made available from Town & Country Planning Act 2015.
- Installation of outdoor gym equipment to enhance health & fitness opportunities.
- Undertaking remodelling of the existing culverted brook to open it up and make it much more of a naturalistic feature. Widened areas would increase flood capacity when required and would be designed to remain wet as much and as long as possible to allow the introduction of reed beds/wetland planting and thereby increase biodiversity.
- To address on-going persistent problems with vandalism of the play safety surfacing through the replacement of the existing surface with a vandal resistant product (a sand-filled carpet based system that has proven to be very durable in high risk areas).
- New tree planting in avenues and groups to create additional interest and structure within the park.
- Additional seat and bin provision where required
Following consultation and Member approval, it is anticipated the programme will be as follows:
- September – October 2016 –Detail design development
- November 2016 – Production information and cost checks
- December 2016 – Place orders with a Council approved Landscape Framework Contractor
- January 2017 – February 2017 – Works contract programme
- March 2017 – Project completion.
Have your say on the proposed scheme, complete this quick SURVEY and before 23rd Sep 2016.
Alternatively, you can contact Johnathan Stephen (Landscape Assistant ) The Landscape Practice Group email@example.com with any questions.
Photo by Toni United