Bloor Homes will be presenting their outline plans for the redevelopment of a golf club in Northfield at a public exhibition next week.
The future of North Worcestershire Golf Club (NWGC) on Hanging Lane has been uncertain for some years, with rumours of the club – which has been on the site for over 100 years – being sold off to developers.
A spokesperson said: “Bloor Homes is committed to producing a carefully considered proposal that not only provides a range of much needed homes, but also delivers extensive community benefits.”
Longbridge Councillor, Andy Cartwright (Labour), who is opposed to the redevelopment urged residents to attend the exhibition. He said: “Local residents need to attend and put forward their concerns, as this could be their last chance and I feel they need to be listened to. I do hope all councillors in our District are against this, as the impact on our community will be massive and only add to the traffic concerns.”
View the proposals:
When: 2-8pm Thursday 28th January 2016
Where: Hollymoor Centre, 8 Manor Park Grove, Northfield B31 5ER
• February 2014: further rumours of a potential sale as board members vote to allow discussions with developers with a view to selling the site.
• February 2012: a petition against development of the site gained 448 signatures in under 24 hours.
• April 2014: Club chairman Roger Adams announced that, due to the financial situation of the club: “To put it starkly, the club is simply unsustainable and we have no option but to sell.”
• April 2014: NWGC ‘entered into an agreement’ with Bloor Homes who plan to develop the land for housing, with space for community and leisure use.
• July 2014 – present: Bloor Homes hold public consultation exhibitions, meetings, discussions with community stakeholders, community presentations and design workshop.
• January 2016: Bloor Homes to present outline proposals for redevelopment of NWGC.