Northfield Housing tweeting some of the points discussed at Northfield ward committee meeting tonight. (Well done to them for embracing social media!)
Around 30 residents attended.
Some key points we picked up from their tweets:
• Road network around Longbridge town centre: Residents expressed concerns re Longbridge Lane layout & proposed future changes to the road network. Consultation on changes took place in July and seeking approval to move forward in Dec. BCC Highways to re-examine the narrowing of Longbridge Lane?
• West Heath Library: Cllr O’Reilly pushing BCC to move forward with plans to rebuild. A public meeting to be planned.
• Northfield Pool rebuild: current facility will now remain open until Sept 2016 when works will commence. Plans not yet presented.
• Neighbourhood Watch: Anyone wishing to start a neighbourhood watch, the next meeting is 17 Dec 7pm at Northfield fire station. Concerns raised over proposed closure of Longbridge & Kings Norton police stations
• Northfield Community Priorities: residents asked for thoughts. Issues raised inc. fly tipping, parking, sustaining Northfield town centre, police numbers,local jobs and more. Northfield District will be seeking more views from residents in coming months
• Next meeting: Monday 18th Jan 2016
You can see all the @NorthfieldHsng tweets at