All of our meetings are open to the public and all are welcome.
They are held on the last Thursday of each Month except December at Melrose Close Common Room, Melrose Close, Off Foyle Road. Kings Norton 6.00pm.
Our Chair opened the Meeting with thanks and Introductions were made –
The previous Meetings minutes were agreed and approved.
We had John Heffner – Willmott Dixon for Our local Contractors fro Performance updates.
- Ron Raised Melanie attending for KPI’s re performance satisfaction and number of surveys.
- John has a copy of Dates for 2015 for attendance.
- 1,500 jobs a week 150 chosen 20% rate return of customer satisfaction.
- John handing out WD ‘transforming communities’ magazine, regarding the work that is ongoing in the City.
- Pam raised problems with WD accessing Common Room area’s, when jobs are needed to be done and no one is there. WD should have contact for Careline to gain access to all schemes across the City.
- Once all sheltered schemes are Fob system WD must have fobs to gain access. Natalie says it is impractical; however a key safe outside may be a solution. Contractors / operatives are not leaving calling cards if no one is on site at Common Rooms.
We had a great update from PC Marj Levy and Katie Paxton from West Midlands Police – A full update can be found here on B31 Voices.
Projects Performance Updates
Arron updated 2013-14 & 2014-15 Budgets:
Projects are still being actioned and recorded accordingly for
This financial year.
- Quotes are outstanding for 4 blocks & Budget is on target for spend
- Awaiting Quotes for Environmental Budget through District when DHP is finally set up, hopefully in January. All quotes are sitting there currently. Natalie says come the New financial year, it is of real importance tapping into the HLB and Police for community, talking of perhaps big projects of £20,000.00 +.
- Pam raised that part of this process that all sheltered housing schemes have a specific room for scooters, such as at Cornerways. Hobbis House used their Ariel Budget. In High Rises such as Campion and Saffron keeping Scooters in Public areas are in breach of tenancy. Housing is currently stuck in the middle.
This is a working progress project / the group will be updated in the new year
Southgate Family Church has been given use of the same plot of land (in front of Barberry House flats at the corner of Shannon Road and Primrose Hill) on the 13th December for an open air Carol Service.
It would be held between 5.30 and 7.30pm and would have a live band, Christmas readings, hot chocolate and brownies and would be free for all comers.
Their aim is to make it a widely attended community event, they estimate about 250-350 people, based on the size of the church and the level of attendance of the summer BBQs. They will advertise with a banner on the grass for a couple of weeks before-hand, and leaflet drop the 3 Estates.
ESTATE ASSESSMENTS UPDATE
Dates for assessments and walkabouts have been completed for 2014. New dates will be issued in due course for 2015
Arron reported as follows:
- Twitter – 437 up from 420 followers
- Picking up issues on gardens and forwarding issues to local team as they arise
- 27 November HLB Community stall at the Green was successful and a stall display gave opportunity for residents to join the HLB. AGM flyers were also distributed for the forthcoming coming AGM
- You can follow us on Twitter @KingsNortonHLB
- Councillor 6th 5.30pm to 26th January, Post Office is going to be closed at The Green Kings Norton due to upgrade.
- The Fold, Lindsworth and Cotteridge are alternatives.
- Stockmans Close is running a little behind but should be up and running sales suite by end of February.
- End of Baldwins Road, for Garages to be demolished and a consultation is being sent round re garages as it is earmarked for construction.
- Nearhill Road, Ivy House Estate is also earmarked either for repair / consultation for building once cleared for housing.
- Masshouse Lane/ Allotment site garages are also up for earmarking for refurbishment.
- On the WWW. – From Communities Against the Cuts is petitioning for more homes in Kings Norton.
- The infill around for Grange Farm Drive is down on Planning for drainage upgrade.
- Feedback on Sheltered Housing waiting on voids has improved recently, both according to Natalie and Councillor Griffiths.
- Thanks from Councillor Griffiths for Support at KN Farmers Market.
- Voids were raised, in specific property in Melrose Close, and is it possible that the threshold can be lowered if voids are left for a longer amount of time.
2015 Meeting Dates:
Thursday, 29 January 2015 6.00-7.30pm Melrose Close
Thursday, 26 February 2015 6.00-7.30pm Melrose Close
Thursday, 26 March 2015 6.00-7.30pm
Thursday, 30 April 2014 6.00-7.30pm
Thursday, 28 May 2015 6.00-7.30pm
Thursday, 25 June 2015 6.00-7.30pm
Thursday, 30 July 2015 6.00-7.30pm
AUGUST – NO Meetings
Thursday, 24 September 2015 6.00-7.30pm
Thursday, 29 October 2015 6.00-7.30pm
Thursday, 26 November 2015 6.00-7.30pm Melrose Close
DECEMBER – NO Meetings
Date and Time of next meeting Next Meeting will be an AGM – All Members of the Public and interested parties are welcome to attend.
- Thursday, 29 January 2015,
- At Melrose Sheltered Housing Scheme,