National Express West Midlands say that: “The new network aims to improve reliability and punctuality and to encourage more people to travel with National Express West Midlands.”
Some of the changes locally include:
- New links from Frankley to Harborne on services 29/29A
- New links to the new developments at Longbridge and Cofton Hackett and also new Sunday and evening journeys on service 45
- from Woodgate, Kitwell and Bartley Green to the City Centre via Selly Oak, including a new all day service for Kitwell Lane on services X64 & 23A
- More buses between Longbridge and Cotteridge on service 49
- New service for Gregory Avenue at Weoley Castle on service 29A
- Extra buses added to improve reliability on service X64
- Service X64 will provide a regular daytime service for Newman College and Kitwell Lane (service 23A will provide an evening and Sunday service for Kitwell Lane).
- Some timetable changes to improve punctuality & reduce waiting times
Services 45 & 47 – Timetable improvements & 45 extended to Cofton Hackett from Longbridge
Services 29 & 29A – route changes and 29 extended to Frankley & 29A extended to Northfield
- Services 61 & 63 – Some timetable changes with extra buses added at certain times to reduce waiting times.
- Service X64 – Extended to Kitwell & Woodgate via Newman University (Allens Cross and Frankley will be served by services 29 & 29A instead of X64 (providing links to the City Centre via Harborne))
For full details and more information visit the National Express West Midlands web page