From Visit Northfield:
First we brought you the beach, now we bring you the North Pole!
Join us for Northfield Wonderland:
- FREE entry!
- Northfield town centre
- Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th December
- 10am – 4pm
It will be a great family event where children can collect a passport and earn stamps (doing free crafts in the Elf Workshop, treasure hunt etc) to graduate as an Official Northfield Elf.
We also have the biggest snowman bouncy castle in the UK, Candyland including gingerbread decorating, snowy festive scenes and Santa’s Grotto in Northfield Shopping Centre (£4).
We are looking for local traders for Northfield Christmas Market, which will also be held on the Saturday.
We’d like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to:
- All the businesses of Northfield who, through the new Northfield Business Improvement District (BID), are organising and funding the event
- Northfield Town Centre Partnership for their staff time and volunteer recruitment
- Local councillors for funding the Christmas lights through Northfield and Weoley Community Chest
- And all the other organisations without whom this wouldn’t happen – including Northfield Arts Forum, Birmingham PlayCare Network, Northfield Shopping Centre, West Midlands Police
Northfield Wonderland’s also featured on the Birmingham Mail’s Grotto Guide!
In 2012 Northfield became a Business Improvement District (BID) with businesses working together to improve and promote the town centre. Northfield Town Centre Partnership was set up in 2007 and continues to support the community, for example with help into jobs, quit smoking support, credit union and TimeBank volunteering opportunities.
Both organisations are based in the Visit Northfield shop on the high street (opposite Northfield Shopping Centre’s BrightHouse entrance), and together we’re encouraging people to ‘Visit Northfield’.